- Citruspreise Valencia Woche 39/2018
- Die aktuellen spanischen Wasserreserven liegen bei 54,5% ihrer Gesamtkapazität
- Fruit Attraction2018 announces the Tapas Verdes contest for non-professional chefs
- Meilenstein: REWE Group eröffnet erstes technologisiertes Food Fulfillment Center 2.0
- Fruit Attraction 2018 invites entries for the ACCELERA Awards for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Almería: steigende Mengen
- REWE und PENNY verkaufen Obst, Gemüse und Kartoffeln mit Schönheitsfehlern
- Spanien: 95% der Einkäufe erfolgen über den stationären Handel
The tenth edition of Fruit Attraction, which will be held from Tuesday 23 to Thursday 25 October in Madrid, will host the Walnut Attraction event organised by the Spanish Walnut Producers Association , the Association of Fruit and Vegetable Producers and Exporters of Andalusia, Asociafruit, FEPEX and IFEMA, which will analyse the reality of the walnut sector in Spain and in Europe.
WALNUT ATTRACTION will be held on the opening day of Fruit Attraction, on Tuesday, 23 October, from 10:15 in the morning to 12:45 at FRUIT FORUM in Hall 10 of the fair, analysing the main characteristics of the production of walnuts, a crop that has become more abundant in Spain in recent years.
The day will feature two main papers, one on "The walnut sector in Spain and Europe" and another on "Sustainable and Responsible Quality", along with a colloquium. The Nueces de España brand will also be presented.
According to the Crops Production and Surface Survey by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, the area covered by walnut trees in Spain in 2017 was 13,565 hectares. Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, and Andalusia are the autonomous communities with the biggest dedicated area, according to MAPA data, with 3,611 hectares in the case of Castilla-La Mancha, 1,578 hectares in Catalonia and 1,438 hectares in Andalusia. They are followed by Castilla y León, with 1,419 hectares, the Valencian Community with 1,081 hectares and Extremadura, with 1,052 hectares. Among the varieties of walnut, one of the fastest growing has been the pecan walnut tree in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Pecan consumption has also grown.
WALNUT ATTRACTION is one of the technical days that will be held as part of Fruit Attraction, which this year is holding its tenth edition. The prospects for participation are excellent, with 16% more exhibitors and surface area expected, exceeding 1,600 exhibitors and 45,000 square metres. 70,000 professional participants from 120 countries are also anticipated.
Organised by IFEMA and FEPEX, the 10th edition of Fruit Attraction will take place in Halls 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 at Feria de Madrid, from Tuesday 23 to Thursday 25 October, from 9:30 to 19:00.